Wednesday 1 July 2015

Outfit Post: Fourth of July


I'm a huge fan of holidays. They almost always involve friends and family and food and drinks, and they usually involve some sort of holiday themed outfit. 

Fourth of July is no exception. 

Usually for the fourth, I'm a little bit more obnoxious obvious in my themed outfits: think stars and stripes and full on patriotic accessories. But this year, I've decided on a more classic, all-American approach to my Independence Day attire - something a little more toned-down and ladylike. This red shirt dress is the perfect way to embrace the holiday without looking like I was attacked by an American flag (definitely a past offender). 

But with three days of grilling, fireworks, seafood boils, and beach days ahead of me, there's still plenty of time to revert to my old ways. After all, there's only so long one can remain ladylike with the abundance of obnoxious holiday accessories available. 

No matter what you have planned to wear (or do), I hope you all have a fantastic holiday weekend!









dress: marissa webb via rent the runway unlimited
clutch: clare v. via rent the runway unlimited
heels: target (similar here)
watch: shinola
hat: target
sunglasses: ray-ban

Outfit Post: Fourth of July Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Anna