Thursday 15 January 2015

Currently Coveting: Après-Ski Fashion

It’s no surprise I’m not winter’s biggest fan. After the excitement of the holidays fizzles out, my hibernation tendencies start to become extreme and I find myself counting down the days until spring (63 days in case you are wondering).

And until I figure out a way for B and I to be the youngest snow birds ever, my survival tactic for getting through the remainder of this brutal winter is to focus on the most fabulous part of the bone chilling months: après-ski season.

And more importantly, après-ski fashion.

Whether or not you are actually participating in any sort of winter sports is besides the point. You can still participate in looking fashionable despite the arctic temps with oversized fur toppers, body hugging spandex, and vintage fair isle knits. Think coordinating color schemes, like monochromatic white, with over-the-top accessories. Don’t be afraid to be ostentatious and combine all the lavish luxuries of cold weather wear into one wintery outfit. This is no time to be pragmatic.

In all honestly, I kind of always aspire to dress like I am sitting in a chalet in Aspen instead of a loft in Detroit. How else am I supposed to get through the 0 degree temperature days? We may be lacking mountains (or even sledding hills), but that doesn’t mean we should be lacking in swanky snow bunny outfits.

Besides, navigating through the pothole streets of Detroit is just as deserving of a fireside cocktail as navigating through the moguls of a mountain.






Images: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7

Currently Coveting: Après-Ski Fashion Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Anna