Tuesday 7 July 2015

Outfit Post: Flea Market Maxi


If I could give you one tip for shopping (and negotiating) at flea markets it's this: be breezy.

Stay cool, don't show excitement, be breezy.

I picked up this maxi dress on my last trip to New York City at the Hell's Kitchen Flea Market and immediately fell in love. There's nothing easier for summer than a maxi dress. It's uncomplicated and comfortable. It makes a statement with almost no effort whatsoever. It's very essence is breezy.

However, when I saw this dress from across the market, I lost all my cool and collected composure. I didn't slowly stroll over to check it out. I didn't pretend to half browse the racks while being distracted by my phone. I didn't ask how much and walk away. No, I sprinted - roadrunner style - to the dress, threw it on over my clothes, and loudly announced I had to have it.

Totally unbreezy.

The vendor took one look at me and had the upper hand. She knew it. I knew it. Everyone knew it.

But I figure when you find a dress that is so cool and laid back and breezy, you don't have to be. And besides, 40 dollars is a small price to pay for unbreezy behavior and a dress you love.









sandals: old forever21(similar here)
clutch: pitaya (similar here)
necklace: similar here
sunglasses: ray-ban

Outfit Post: Flea Market Maxi Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Anna