Monday 24 August 2015

Fash Bash Recap


If you follow me on Instagram, it's no surprise that the Detroit Institute of Arts (DIA) is one of my favorite locations in the city. It not only hosts some of the best art in the world, but the architecture of the building is one of the best backdrops in town. It is also home to Kresge Court, my (not so secret) go-to meeting spot for coffee and cocktails.

It's also no surprise that I love fashion (duh).

So when the two worlds collide, what emerges is my favorite event of the year - Fash Bash. Partnering with Neiman Marcus, the museum fashion show/fundraiser/dance party, supports the DIA, helping to keep one of Detroit's culture gems the incredible asset that it is.

This year, I was lucky enough to receive a media pass for the Neiman Marcus fashion show, hosted inside the museum. Showcasing the best fall fashion has to offer, it had me craving for cooler temps and lots of layers.

(See more photos of the event, as well as the Neiman Marcus runway show, at the Detroit Free Press and MLive). 

Guests tend to get a little more creative with their looks, so I decided to forgo the usual cocktail dress in favor of this bright Diane Von Furstenburg jumpsuit. As I've mentioned before, when choosing an outfit for an event, I tend to lean towards the unique. Both the shape and color of this jumpsuit stood out in a sea of dresses and had me receiving compliments all night.

Thanks to the DIA for throwing another fantastic event in Detroit. Looking forward to the next!











Outfit photos taken by Nailah Ali of The Moda Intersection (be sure to check out her recap of the event). Hair & Makeup by Stephanie Ford-Umachi of Runway Meets Everyday.


Fash Bash Recap Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Anna