Monday 28 July 2014

Outfit Post: Skirting the Issue


Like most women, I have a uniform that I stick with in my everyday life (read: life outside this blog). It's what I gravitate towards when quickly getting dressed. It's what I feel most comfortable in. It's what feels effortless. For me that uniform is a slight nod to menswear with skinnies and a button down.

But lately I've been all about skirts.

Ever since I bought my first midi skirt last season, I've had to question my tomboy tendencies with the super feminine silhouette. And once I started wearing midi skirts, the floodgates opened and no skirt was off limits. Maxis and minis, pleated and sequins, and now the slightly conservative pencil skirt.

Once reserved for power suits and corporate dressing, the classic pencil skirt has become a lot more interesting in lace and cut outs. And when paired with a basic tank and minimal accessories, it's better suited for a night on the town than a day at the office.

Power dressing at it's finest. 



top: similar here
skirt: nordstrom
heels: nordstrom rack (old, similar here)
clutch: similar here
sunglasses: ray ban

Outfit Post: Skirting the Issue Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Anna