Sunday 18 January 2015

Outfit Post: Over the Knee Boots

I'm not really a "sexy" dresser.

This is not to say that I don't feel sexy in my clothes. Dressing sexily and feeling sexy are two totally different things. I'm just not really a short/tight/low cut kind of girl.

I prefer style to sex appeal.

But sometimes you find an item that just elevates the sexiness of an outfit - any outfit. For me, that item is a pair of over the knee boots. Whether they're paired with a flirty dress or worn on top of a completely covered monochromatic outfit (like here), they just ooze sexiness.

I've been on the hunt for a pair for a while now. But as a tall girl with chicken legs, most over the knee styles are either swimming around my legs or don't make it past my knees, defeating the whole over the knee concept of over the knee boots (I know, let's all pity the tall, skinny girl).

In a dream world, I'd own these Stuart Weitzman beauties, but this is reality and I don't have 800 bucks to spend on anything, let alone a pair of boots. But because of their surprising wearability, I've continued the hunt for the perfect - and affordable - substitute. 

And finally, my patience paid off.

After years of searching, I found them. Tucked away in the clearance section of Nordstrom Rack, were the most perfect pair of Stuart Weitzman look-alikes. In my size. For under a 100 dollars.

Now that's sexy.






jacket: h&m (old, similar here)
sweater: h&m (old, similar here)
leather leggings: forever21 (old, similar here)
boots: sam edelman via nordstrom rack (full price version here)
bag: h&m (old, similar here)
scarf: south moon under (old, similar here)
sunglasses: forever21 (similar here)

Outfit Post: Over the Knee Boots Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Anna